Juvenile Justice Advocates International’s [JJA] mission is to advocate for policy reforms in the juvenile justice system and improve respect for human rights for the most vulnerable. JJA’s vision is that children should only be imprisoned as a last resort, in extreme circumstances, and for the shortest period of time possible.
We work towards this goal by:
- Providing advice, consulting, capacity building, training and other services to governments and non-governmental organizations to improve the respect for human rights.
- Conducting research on and advocating for increased access to justice for marginalized populations in the criminal justice system.
- Assisting implementation of reforms that reduce over-use of detention.
- Improving prison conditions.
- Improving and establishing community reintegration programs as well as assisting on the decrease of delinquency among juveniles and other marginalized populations.